Deborah J. Jones, Ph.D., Professor
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
UNC at Chapel Hill
In a typical lifetime, we experience many transitions. Transitions can be timely, necessary, the “right” thing, and even exciting, but uncertainty can also be daunting and stressful.
Some examples of such uncertainty may include:
• Relationship separation or divorce
• Worry or fear about getting or starting a new job
• Concerns about the birth or adoption of a child
• Grief due to illness or death of a loved one
• Isolation after moving to a new home or city
• Excitement (and strain) moving in with a partner or getting married
• Feeling you have lost your purpose and missing your children once you have become an ‘empty nester’
• Having difficulty dealing with aging or mid-life – your appearance, your energy, your feelings of worth
• Struggling to find work-life balance
If you have or are experiencing emotions due to changes in your life, you should attend this seminar. You will learn methods of coping, discover how you can restore stability, and feel calmer.
Deborah J. Jones, Ph.D.
Dr. Deborah Jones is a Professor in the Department of Psychology & Neuroscience at the University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill. She is a part of the clinical psychology program where she studies risk and resilience within at-risk and underserved families, with an increased focus on engaging those families in prevention and intervention research. She also has appointments with UNC’s Center for Developmental Science and Injury Prevention Research Center.
Recognition for her research includes a recent appointment to the Working on Women in Science (WOWS) program at UNC, which aims to increase the retention and engagement of women in the natural and allied sciences at UNC. Dr. Jones has also received awards for her teaching and mentorship, which include the 2015 William C. Friday Award for Excellence in Teaching at UNC and the 2017 Galinsky Award for meritorious graduate clinical supervision.
Tuesday, May 1
7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
FREE, but RSVP required
At FLAWLESS Spa, Wellness, & Image
901 Willow Drive, Suite 1
Chapel Hill, NC
copyright © FLAWLESS spa, wellness, and image | All Rights Reserved
Flawless Day Spa * Founded January 1, 2012
901 Willow Drive, Suite 1 * Chapel Hill, NC 27514 * 919.213.1772